Understanding Muscles and Movement explains in easy-to-understand terms how the whole body moves together as an integrated system of muscles, tendons, bones, ligaments, and fascia; information essential for understanding the causes of problematic and limiting musculoskeletal imbalances. You will also learn the unique approach of The BioMechanics Method in regard to understanding how gravity and ground reaction forces change the way the body moves – knowledge that is imperative for designing successful corrective exercise strategies.
What Will I Learn?
- In-depth anatomy information about muscles, tendons, bones, ligaments and fascia, including specific muscle origins, insertions and functions
- The difference between traditional and functional anatomy, and how gravity and ground reaction forces change the way a body moves
- The major muscle groups that will dictate the exercise strategies used to improve musculoskeletal health and alleviate associated dysfunction
- How to use anatomy and assessment findings to design and integrate corrective exercise programming into clients’ training programs
Check out a Sample from the Course
What Does the Course Contain?
This course contains online lessons, digital text material, step-by-step video instruction and demonstrations, client assessment forms, self-check activities, and online tests.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Understanding Muscles and Movement is Module 2 of The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification course It is available for purchase as a standalone course to enable students to learn about the musculoskeletal system and how it can be negatively affected by imbalances while also providing an affordable option for those interested in earning a Corrective Exercise Specialist credential (TBMM-CES).
The remainder of the TBMM-CES course components includes:
- The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment
- The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The BioMechanics Method® Corrective Exercise course is a step-by-step learning program. It is recommended that the course modules be completed in order to optimise the learning experience. If you choose to complete all five components of the program, you will receive a certificate signifying your competency as a Corrective Exercise Specialist from The BioMechanics Method (TBMM-CES).
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organisations (ACE 1.4, NETA 14.0, ACSM 14.0, PTAG 14.0, CSEP 15.0, AUSactive (formerly Fitness Australia) 7.0, BOC 6.5 VA Board of PT 6.5; NASM and others by petition)
- Eligible to count toward completion of the full TBMM-CES credential (must also successfully complete the remaining 4 course modules listed above)
- Online courseware is non-refundable
- When accessing this course, you’ll find a list of printable downloads with each lesson under the course “Downloads” tab. Digital material not itemised in the Downloads tab is not printable.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited free test retakes if necessary, and access to the course itself
|Accreditation||AUSactive (formerly Fitness Australia) – 7 CECs* / REPs NZ – 7 CPDs (*valid until 30/10/2023)|
|Investment||$189 members / $209 non-members|
|Delivery mode||This course is delivered online on an external website. You will receive an email within 2 business days of enrolment, with a link to access your course along with your unique enrolment key and instructions on how to access the course materials.|
|Approx. duration||7 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple choice|
|Access Period||If you wish to obtain the CECs/PDPs/CPDs, you will need to complete the course by the Accreditation expiry date listed above.|
Course Creator – Justin Price
Justin Price is the creator of The BioMechanics Method® Corrective Exercise Specialist (TBMM-CES) program, the fitness industry’s highest-rated specialty certification. There are trained TBMM specialists in over 70 countries helping people alleviate pain and reach their performance goals. He is also the author of several books including the esteemed academic textbook The BioMechanics Method for Corrective Exercise. Justin is a former IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year, a subject matter expert for The American Council on Exercise, TRX, BOSU, Arthritis Today, BBC, Discovery Health, Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, MSNBC, New York Times, Newsweek, Time, Wall Street Journal, WebMD and Tennis Magazine.
Want to take advantage of Network member rates? Be sure to log in before clicking ‘Buy Now’.